Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd - Voltaire

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not agree that allowing a soldier with PTSD (a serious mental health issue) the sole responsibility of dog ownership without first making sure they are up to the task of handling their own personal issues (as well as the responsibilities that come with dog ownership) any more than I would advise a mother in the depths of Postpartum depression to have another baby.

The second soldier admitted to violent acts which were confusing to the dog. It is not fair for the animal to be forced into an unstable relationship on a permanent basis. It has no voice whatsoever in the matter. It can not complain if it is mistreated either by neglect or out right abuse. While the soldier may think that the dog is a substitute for human interaction, it is not and can never be. They are two different species with different psychological thought processes.

I can see where working in a no-kill shelter or something similar would give them a purpose, but as far as full responsibility based on what I saw in the video and what I've personally experienced having a soldier with PTSD living in my home where I had to take over the responsibility of caring for their animal, I can't give it two thumbs up.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

If I'm the only witness to your madness offer me some words to balance out what I see and what I hear.
    10,000 Maniacs