User Tag List

Thread: How the U.S. "Death Panel" will look and its task.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the U.S. "Death Panel" will look and its task.

Death panel, life panel, rationing panel whatever any wants to call it, what will it look like? Over a year ago Forbes magazine had a bit to say about the panel: IPAB: President Obama's NICE Way To Ration Care To Seniors

I do suppose the horse's mouth would be the best source to find how each of us who reads it can report it while criticizing others' interpretations. The Board is referenced in the PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) between pdf pages 371 and 389 at the whole enchilada HR3590 which is also called "Sec. 3403. Independent Medicare Advisory Board.": http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...57155469,d.cGU

1. Is it agreed this is the section (Section 3403) addressing the so called life and death panel, the IPAB?
    2. Does the Forbes author, Rick Ungar writing from the left, here on November 26, 2013 cover the criticism of the authority and place of the IPAB adequately or from a more enlightened position as the year old Forbes article by Dr. Scott Atlas?
    3. How many SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) decisions will be given in the next 20 years regarding HR3590?
    4. Can HR3590 be compared positively to health care as the Federal Reserve was a takeover of the money supply?

Anything worth talking about in Section 3403?
    If the terrain and the map do not agree, follow the terrain.

When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become a new race.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: minorwork View Post
    Anything worth talking about in Section 3403?
    I read the section and I'm at a loss to see a problem. Halperin seems to call it right. Perhaps I missed it, but where in 3403 is there mention of rationing medical care to seniors?
    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd - Voltaire

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: barts View Post
    I read the section and I'm at a loss to see a problem. Halperin seems to call it right. Perhaps I missed it, but where in 3403 is there mention of rationing medical care to seniors?
    Same place SCOTUS found justification for slavery; Dred Scott v Sandford, 1857?

Which of Halperin's calls is right? His original or his later retraction?
    If the terrain and the map do not agree, follow the terrain.

When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become a new race.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: minorwork View Post
    Which of Halperin's calls is right? His original or his later retraction?
    Sorry, @minorwork, I mistyped when I wrote "Halperin." What seems to be right is what the author of the article you cite writes about there being no death panels. That's what seems to be right.
    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd - Voltaire