BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The arguments of racism

The one argument racists spew out the most is the "they get special treatment".
    And no matter how you long you spend talking to them they will never allow themselves to comprehend that these special rights are responding to historical forms of inequality.
    When I hear some say "there are no white only scholarships" it makes me sick not only because there is. But because of the stupidly that they can't understand that being white in itself is a form of passage. African American's immediate transition rates are 54% compare to whites at 74%.

The second argument is the citing of various polls saying blacks are on average dumber or make more crime. This is obviously illogical due your skin color not deciding your intelligence or mindset and it being down to your environment.

This has alway been the case, but these arguments in favor of racism have come up more recently due to the SICKENING response to the UK riots with people stating that it was all blacks or immigrants. When there are evidently tons of white people in the footage.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When there are evidently tons of white people in the footage

I believe that when the english refer to immigrants they are including the white skinned cousins from across the channel.

It was listening to the accents of looters who had been interviewed that it became obvious that it was mostly local youth.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall once being a libertarian, of sorts, and denying the validity of any program that tried to help blacks. Then I read up on sociology and learned that your success in life is determined largely by your socioeconomic circumstances, and otherwise mostly by chance. (Chance is a far-reaching factor, from the teachers you get to the disasters that strike you and your family; it's not as if it's a random probability that you'll be hired by a prospective employer.)

While it's true that very few people alive today are responsible for the disenfranchisement of blacks throughout our history, even into the late 20th century, our society was, and our society probably owes them something. But rather than direct redistribution from whites to blacks, I'd rather such help be determined directly by your need of it. A poor white kid is about as disadvantaged as a poor black kid, and is similarly the victim of sociological forces.

As for blacks being apparently dumber or more violent, this is because of past socioeconomic circumstances perpetuating themselves, and a lack of funding for inner-city schools (they're funded by property taxes, so a poor neighborhood will get a poorly funded school, and the cycle repeats). I'd also chalk some of the violence up to the War on Drugs, which has created a gang culture and put many blacks in prison for drug possession, among worse criminals, which effectively destroys their chance at a better life.

Fix these things and the black community would improve greatly. Its shortcomings aren't the result of racial deficiencies.
    For a void without a question is just perverse.

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: SoylentGreen View Post

I believe that when the english refer to immigrants they are including the white skinned cousins from across the channel.

It was listening to the accents of looters who had been interviewed that it became obvious that it was mostly local youth.
    Nope they are refering to muslims and blacks. There was no comments condeming swedish immigrants ect.
    There were plenty of white english looters, are you delusional?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: crimethinker View Post
    While it's true that very few people alive today are responsible for the disenfranchisement of blacks throughout our history, even into the late 20th century, our society was, and our society probably owes them something.
    Why? I assume you are referring to the enslavement of blacks in the United States. Am I correct?
    Forced into your mind, passed down through the centuries
    Cultures will collide, holy wars for what?

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall once being a libertarian, of sorts, and denying the validity of any program that tried to help blacks. Then I read up on sociology and learned that your success in life is determined largely by your socioeconomic circumstances, and otherwise mostly by chance. (Chance is a far-reaching factor, from the teachers you get to the disasters that strike you and your family; it's not as if it's a random probability that you'll be hired by a prospective employer.)

While it's true that very few people alive today are responsible for the disenfranchisement of blacks throughout our history, even into the late 20th century, our society was, and our society probably owes them something. But rather than direct redistribution from whites to blacks, I'd rather such help be determined directly by your need of it. A poor white kid is about as disadvantaged as a poor black kid, and is similarly the victim of sociological forces.

As for blacks being apparently dumber or more violent, this is because of past socioeconomic circumstances perpetuating themselves, and a lack of funding for inner-city schools (they're funded by property taxes, so a poor neighborhood will get a poorly funded school, and the cycle repeats). I'd also chalk some of the violence up to the War on Drugs, which has created a gang culture and put many blacks in prison for drug possession, among worse criminals, which effectively destroys their chance at a better life.

Fix these things and the black community would improve greatly. Its shortcomings aren't the result of racial deficiencies.
    Help is determined by their need of it, you don't get a check every week for being black. And a poor white kid is less likely to encounter racism. The black communities shortcomings and the same as the white communities. But we still need things like affirmative action and scholarships to prevent racism because it is still very much out there. This comes to light whenever people can spin a story to make it seem like a whole races fault.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: IchHabe View Post
    Why? I assume you are referring to the enslavement of blacks in the United States. Am I correct?
    I said "even late into the 20th century". After their enslavement officially ended, they were let loose with no reparations, and were systematically discriminated against until the 1960s, when it officially ended, but unofficially continued. A few thousand blacks, probably more, were lynched in that time. As I noted, in some ways, discrimination toward blacks continues to this day. When the original slave-owners and oppressors died, did the injustice perpetrated against them just dissolve into the air? Does our country owe nothing to the people it wrongs?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Honeybadgers View Post
    Nope they are refering to muslims and blacks.
    Well, yes, the racists (I assume they are the They you refer to) do have a tendency to blame blacks and muslims. It might help if you could provide some links.
    There was no comments condeming swedish immigrants ect.
    Is that the only other country of white people that you can think of?

There were plenty of white english looters, are you delusional?
    Did I say there wasn't?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help is determined by their need of it, you don't get a check every week for being black. And a poor white kid is less likely to encounter racism. The black communities shortcomings and the same as the white communities. But we still need things like affirmative action and scholarships to prevent racism because it is still very much out there. This comes to light whenever people can spin a story to make it seem like a whole races fault.
    The thing is, affirmative action and black-only scholarships don't prevent racism, they simply hand out rewards to blacks who may or may not have felt the effects of racism, indiscriminately. They may go to lower-class blacks who couldn't possibly have gotten into college otherwise, and that's good, but a better way, in my opinion, is simply to base such help on your need of it. Do they help curb the effects of racism? Possibly, in some cases. Do they inadvertently send the wrong message, confuse the issue, and give conservatives something to rally against? Definitely.

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, affirmative action and black-only scholarships don't prevent racism, they simply hand out rewards to blacks who may or may not have felt the effects of racism, indiscriminately. They may go to lower-class blacks who couldn't possibly have gotten into college otherwise, and that's good, but a better way, in my opinion, is simply to base such help on your need of it. Do they help curb the effects of racism? Possibly, in some cases. Do they inadvertently send the wrong message, confuse the issue, and give conservatives something to rally against? Definitely.
    There plenty of people who openly admit that they would discriminate if we did not have affirmative action. And black scholarships are to combat the low immediate transmission rates and make it a fair playing field.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There plenty of people who openly admit that they would discriminate if we did not have affirmative action. And black scholarships are to combat the low immediate transmission rates and make it a fair playing field.
    You cannot make a fair playing field by promoting unfairness. You cannot combat racism by being racist. If you can have black-only scholarships, but not white-only scholarships, then you are being just as racist as the people who would do it the other way.

Racism is racism no matter which race is performing it.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exactly are black scholarships making it a fair playing field? In higher education, it matters not whether you're black or white, but whether you're poor or rich. Black people tend to be more poor. Who gives two shits whether they're black or not. I don't think the disparate 'races' need to be equal. What needs to be equal are the opportunities for both rich and poor. The 'races' will then take care of themselves.
    A man said to the universe:
    "Sir, I exist!"
    "However," replied the universe,
    "The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."

-- Stephen Crane