Thread: Why do mexicans stare at me?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do mexicans stare at me?

Though some of you may call me a racist, the fact is I'm just making an observation.

This happens often when I'm in a public place: the grocery store, the mall, on the street. They do it in packs and it makes me uncomfortable.

For whatever reason, Hispanics feel the need to stare at me.
    It's as if they've never seen a white person before.
    I can understand starring at some 'hot mama' as I sometimes do. But they regularly stare at me :I'm just a normal white guy. I've talked to other people and they have shared with me a similar experience. It's quite creepy.

They usually have a disgustingly smug look on their face, as if to say "hey buddy, how do you like it now, we are in your country, and there's nothing you can do about it."

I'm not saying its all Hispanics, just many of them.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They usually have a disgustingly smug look on their face, as if to say "hey buddy, how do you like it now, we are in your country, and there's nothing you can do about it."
    Nah there probably thinking " wow , it's true white men do have small conjones"

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Hispanics genetically programmed to stare at you personally ?

Barring the contingency that you're wearing one of those Groucho Marx plastic-nose-moustache-and-eyeglasses things, I have no idea why they stare.

Are you sure it isn't just a cultural thing -- they stare at people and this makes Anglos uncomfortable?
    "I wish I was as cocksure of anything as Tom Macaulay is of everything."
    -- Viscount Melbourne

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be just a cultural thing. I know asian men can sit quite close to each other and even put their arms around each others shoulders. It's just cultural upbringing , but it makes many white hetro's uncomfortable.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: johnh View Post
    Though some of you may call me a racist, the fact is I'm just making an observation.

This happens often when I'm in a public place: the grocery store, the mall, on the street. They do it in packs and it makes me uncomfortable.

I can understand starring at some 'hot mama' as I sometimes do. But they regularly stare at me :I'm just a normal white guy. I've talked to other people and they have shared with me a similar experience. It's quite creepy.

Maybe you look wierd? how about post a pic?
    They who willingly give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin –-

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What part of the country are you from? We have a ton of Hispanics in Chicago (and I went to college in AZ) and I have never felt anything like that.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say i share in the experience. Of course, i live in a town with a large Hispanic population, so maybe i just am used to it. As for them doing it, i think it could be many things. Boredom perhaps. For the one below the poverty line like the day laborers, perhaps a feeling of envy or discomfort because some may feel that it isn't fair that they work themselves so hard and still struggle while you have a great job and home. Or perhaps one of many other reasons.
    Knowledge is power, use it well.

Don't fear the unknown, seek to understand it

Altruism Assassin Gods_Mercenary's Avatar
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly cultural, mostly anglo cultures see staring as impolite, but it may be different in others. If the groups are mostly young men, they may just be pureposefully impolite or trying to look tough.
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”
    -Albert Einstein

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....
    Maybe it's because you're looking at them in a hostile way, without even being aware of it?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wave at them and say "chinga la madre". It's just like "how ya doing".

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Compugasm View Post
    Just wave at them and say "chinga la madre". It's just like "how ya doing".
    You are *bad*, Compugasm. Please, everyone, do NOT take Comp's advice, comprende, mi amigos?
    I don't want you to die for your country.
    I want you to live so that you may serve another day.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.

Compugasm, when someone dies, it's on your conscience.

@OP
    I have noticed no such thing. Maybe you're staring too?