It seems today, America and Europe are becoming more of a lazy society. We have "get rich quick" programs, "lose fat" programs (ever heard of exercise?), pills that make your body parts bigger, and even welfare to encourage people not to work (why is it that welfare collectors get more money than salaried workers?).
The land of America was famous for one thing: determination. It was built on determination. In the 1700s, when you went to America, you didn't get welfare. You carved out a plot of land in harsh terrain, fought against the elements, and defended your claim. Eventually, after decades of backbreaking work, you could earn a good living.
Today Americans are not even looking for land. They're looking for quick solutions to long-term problems. We want things to go faster. Unions today don't defend worker rights; they either demand air conditioning to go with the factories, or ask for machines to be painted in pastel colours to "make everyone happy".
Worst of all, they're looking for people to blame. If something goes wrong, its the governments fault. Its your parents fault you turned out to be a loser. Its your genes that you are fat and lazy. Its the cats fault you can't get laid. I expect a protest anytime soon blaming cats for global poverty.
During colonial times, 50% of settlers are recorded to have lost their lives during the voyage to America, or during settlement. Today, 50% of Americans lose their lives because they sit around too much and develop some form of disease from getting too fat.
Credit card debt is at an all-time high. Why do Americans need a credit card? Unless you're conducting international business, I believe 99% of establishments accept cash or cheque. This itself points to the fact people want more but do not want to pay for it.
How many obese people do you see today? Oh, they have their excuses. "Its my genes that make me fat and lazy. Blame the government. Blame Bush and the war." The problem is, why is obesity almost non-existent outside of Europe and America? So 5% of obese people have "genetic problems", what about the other 95%?
A socialist society is not a solution. If people are lazy today, imagine how lazy they will be when socialism offers them good living, whether they work or not! Especially in America, where slacking off at work, school, and even family life is on an all-time high.
Perhaps we need a nuclear war and complete anarchy to get rid of the lazy, and let the hardworking prosper? After all, Americans once built empires from nothing. Erase the land, and start again....