Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Maryjane View Post
    You have a habit of seeing what you want to see...I'm not surprised. Perhaps you should see an optometrist.

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once you get your prescription filled...Google the scientific references yourself. Or you can type in homosexual animal behavior and search images and videos.
    Homosexuality weakens the foundation of our society, because it is the family that we are built upon. Homosexuals do not make stable, child bearing families. For that reason their behavior should not be encouraged, but it must be tolerated, because we are a free country.

You, of course want me to not be able to hold the ideas of homosexuality that I do. You are therefore the evil one here, not me. I do not hate homosexuals. I'd just rather there were fewer of them; they put the cracks in our foundation. (other things do to, of course)

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homosexuality weakens the foundation of our society
    My oh my, how did the Roman or Greek civilizations ever flourish with their extremely high tolerance of homosexuality..? But of course, the Greeks just pretty much founded western civilization and rational thought and endured for centuries; and the Romans were just backwater tribes and certainly didn't create one of the largest, most stable, most enduring empires of all time, while simultaneously advancing architecture, engineering and science to levels that wouldn't be repeated for the next millennia...

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Deadeye View Post
    Homosexuality weakens the foundation of our society, because it is the family that we are built upon. Homosexuals do not make stable, child bearing families. For that reason their behavior should not be encouraged, but it must be tolerated, because we are a free country.

You, of course want me to not be able to hold the ideas of homosexuality that I do. You are therefore the evil one here, not me. I do not hate homosexuals. I'd just rather there were fewer of them; they put the cracks in our foundation. (other things do to, of course)
    i feel the same about christianity. its out of date and useless morality only holds us back.
    From the high divorce rates we see among christians the infidelities and the males inability to stay in the family and help raise the child.
    this kind of behaviour should not be encouraged.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE]
    The American Academy of Pediatrics disagrees with you and for that reason, in debate you will either back up your statement with facts because what you are offering is nothing more than opinion.

You, of course want me to not be able to hold the ideas of homosexuality that I do.
    You are free to have an opinion. I couldn't care less, but as I said before...you are on a debate site.

You are therefore the evil one here, not me.
    If the OP were about me, I'd expect you to offer up some proof of my evilness instead of offering your unsolicited opinion. I'm highly amused you think I'm evil because you don't know how to debate.

I do not hate homosexuals. I'd just rather there were fewer of them; they put the cracks in our foundation. (other things do to, of course)
    Your words are your words. I am not putting them in your mouth. If you don't want people to get the impression you are a bigot, then you need to come to the understanding that homosexuals are human beings and should be treated as such. (not eradicated) If "other things" that can be changed put cracks in the foundation, shouldn't that be your focus?
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

If I'm the only witness to your madness offer me some words to balance out what I see and what I hear.
    10,000 Maniacs

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Angry Citizen View Post
    My oh my, how did the Roman or Greek civilizations ever flourish with their extremely high tolerance of homosexuality..?
    Yes, the Greeks encouraged homosexualily in their military because they thought it built cohesiveness in the ranks. Alexander the Great was a vicious fighter and a homosexual, no question about it. But as far as I know homosexuality in the public at large in Ancient Greece was not as popular.

However, in Rome while there were some very homosexual emperors it was generally considered as effeminate and a sign of weakness. Rome was a macho society. Romans laughed at Greeks when they cringed during the games (muna). Caesar when he was a teenager had a homosexual relationship with a barbarian king in Gaul. He was teased about that for the remainder of his life. He did his best to overcome the blotch on his character. Remember, Caesar had no children, but he did keep many concubines and he was married. He also had a fling with Cleopatra.

Did homosexuality make the Greek army stronger? I doubt it, but what a price to pay!! Our GI's fight like hell, and if one turns out to be homosexual they kick him out; and for good reason.

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Maryjane;670371]

If you don't want people to get the impression you are a bigot, then you need to come to the understanding that homosexuals are human beings and should be treated as such.
    Now sweetie pie; I never said that homosexuals should be treated as anything other than regular people. I said and say, that I do not hate homosexuals. How many times do I have to say that?

What I believe is that homosexuality weakens our culture and is counterproductive to a healthy society.

Liberals love that word "bigot". You run around and scream and shout "you're a bigot, you're a bigot" as if telling me I hate makes you somehow superior. You are not, and I do not hate.

You however hate people who believe as I do. So it is thee, my little pudding pie who hates. You are the bigot. So cut that crap out!

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now sweetie pie; I never said that homosexuals should be treated as anything other than regular people. I said and say, that I do not hate homosexuals. How many times do I have to say that?

What I believe is that homosexuality weakens our culture and is counterproductive to a healthy society.

Liberals love that word "bigot". You run around and scream and shout "you're a bigot, you're a bigot" as if telling me I hate makes you somehow superior. You are not, and I do not hate.

You however hate people who believe as I do. So it is thee, my little pudding pie who hates. You are the bigot. So cut that crap out!
    what i hate is someone who presents a really bad argument and then stands back thinking they are well served by it.

the word hypocrite for you comes to mind as theists also weaken the foundation of society by constantly trying to put there worthless imaginary gods morality ahead of common sense and reality.
    we can also use the word condescending when you start out with saying things like "sweetie pie". your way of telling us that you really don't have one good reason for a worthless opinion.
    and of course the dishonesty you are using is obvious.when you say homosexuality is bad but back away from what your really insinuating that they should be no more.
    the question here is do you have the balls to tackle this issue honestly and openly or will you continue to sleaze around the point your trying to make without actually saying it?

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: SoylentGreen View Post
    what i hate is someone who presents a really bad argument and then stands back thinking they are well served by it.

the word hypocrite for you comes to mind as theists also weaken the foundation of society by constantly trying to put there worthless imaginary gods morality ahead of common sense and reality.
    we can also use the word condescending when you start out with saying things like "sweetie pie". your way of telling us that you really don't have one good reason for a worthless opinion.
    and of course the dishonesty you are using is obvious.when you say homosexuality is bad but back away from what your really insinuating that they should be no more.
    the question here is do you have the balls to tackle this issue honestly and openly or will you continue to sleaze around the point your trying to make without actually saying it?
    Sweety Pie is kind of nice don't you think?

Re-read what you wrote. Nothing of substance w/t the question. You have a called me names, because you don't like me because I think homosexuality is wrong, yet you give no agrument to the contrary. No, you are a liberal; a typical cruel, mean spirited, wicked, elitist, snobbish, hating liberal who will not tolerate a discussion of any concept other than yours. You are as open minded as Nazi prison guard. You are intellectually vapid. Your mind is a void. What a waste of a human being.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweety Pie is kind of nice don't you think?

Re-read what you wrote. Nothing of substance w/t the question. You have a called me names, because you don't like me because I think homosexuality is wrong, yet you give no agrument to the contrary. No, you are a liberal; a typical cruel, mean spirited, wicked, elitist, snobbish, hating liberal who will not tolerate a discussion of any concept other than yours. You are as open minded as Nazi prison guard. You are intellectually vapid. Your mind is a void. What a waste of a human being.
    i didn't call you names i pointed out that your posts are hypocritical, condescending and dishonest and gave reasons as to why they were, this is called substance.

now to that we can add churlish to the list.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get my name right or next time I'll report you. I don't need your sexist bullshit on top of your lack of debating skills. Got it? I heard what you said...you don't hate them, but you'd like to eradicate a few.

Exactly HOW do they do this is what I'm asking. Please...have an argument. Rant's don't count as arguments.

No matter what my political persuasion (again..the OP isn't about me as much as you want to make it to be)....you sir, are going to come off as a bigot if you don't have a valid argument. I do know one thing...I'm a far superior debater than you and really...I'm not that good at it.

You just love to make sweeping generalizations and assume things don't you? I know plenty of people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality....at least they can form an argument as to why that is. You sir...for whatever reason...don't seem up to the task... Prove me wrong~

If I'm the only witness to your madness offer me some words to balance out what I see and what I hear.
    10,000 Maniacs

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did homosexuality make the Greek army stronger? I doubt it, but what a price to pay!! Our GI's fight like hell, and if one turns out to be homosexual they kick him out; and for good reason.
    Funny...my son's in Special Forces training and there are plenty of homosexuals in the military. You have to be pretty damn tough to make the cut of Green Beret. Things have changed since you were in the service. Don't ask, don't tell, is on its way out.

10,000 Maniacs

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Questatement View Post
    I was looking for proof of anal penetration between male animals in a natural setting but I guess I'll just keep waiting.

In the meantime, it seems the rest of the natural world understands that orifice is a one-way street for all practical purposes including overall health and welfare.
    How is anyone supposed to respond to this? What is wrong with you?
    Doesn't that mean most people are trolls?

No, it means most people on forums are called trolls at one point or another for stating their opinion honestly.