A group calling itself The 99% Declaration has,
The grievances the founders want redressed include,...RESOLVED THAT WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the People, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY the week of July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia to prepare and ratify a PETITION FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES on behalf of the Ninety-Nine Percent of the People of the United States to be served upon the United States Congress, United States Supreme Court and President of the United States prior to November 6, 2012.
- Elimination of the Corporate State
- Overturning the “Citizens United” Case
- Elimination of All Private Benefits to Public Servants
- Term Limits
- A Fair Tax Code
- Health Care for All
- Protection of the Planet
- Debt Reduction
- Jobs for All Americans
- Student Loan Debt Refinancing
- Ending Perpetual War for Profit
- Emergency Reform of Public Education
- End Outsourcing and Currency Manipulation
- Banking and Securities Reform
- Foreclosure Moratorium, Mortgage Refinancing and Principle Write Downs
- Review and Reform of the Federal Reserve Banking System
- Ending the Electoral College and Enactment of Uniform Federal Election Rules in All of the States
- Ending the War in Afghanistan and Care of Veterans
- No Censorship of the Internet.
- Reinstitution of Civil Rights Including the Repeal of the NDAA
- Curtailing the Private Prison Industrial Complex
One of the criticisms of the Occupy movement was that there was not a coherent message. It seems there is one now.
In my view, this is an excellent step forward. And, to the list I would one more item:
A Constitutional right to vote achieved by amending Article 15 of the Constitution to read, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State." Eliminate the word "Race" from the title and the words "on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude" from article 1.