Thread: Anarchy Is A Really Stupid Idea

Kwisatz Haderach
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure the theory behind it sounds good, everyone minds their own buisness and doesn't bother anyone else. but an anarchist society can never exist. Why? because Anarchists refuse to take power for even a short while ito impose anarchism. To do so would mean having state power and thats bad because all state power is bad.

Thoughts anybody?
    Spozguy
    Be Afraid, Be Very Very Afraid.
    AFB

Novice Member
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your definition of "anarchy"?
    I am a free Human Being and I have the right to ignore the State.
    I know my rights, I declare my rights, I exercise my rights and I damn well will defend my rights!
    Freedom is contagious, knowledge is the source of infection. Infect knowledge!
    Long live individualist-anarchism!

Kwisatz Haderach
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As in "Absence of any form of political authority."
    Spozguy
    AFB

Hot Lava
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    </span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (Spozguy,)
    Sure the theory behind it sounds good, everyone minds their own buisness and doesn&#39;t bother anyone else. but an anarchist society can never exist. Why? because Anarchists refuse to take power for even a short while ito impose anarchism. To do so would mean having state power and thats bad because all state power is bad.

Thoughts anybody?
    <hr size="1" /></blockquote><span class='postcolor'>

actually the opposite would occur... everyone would kill everyone, struggling for power in the world... humans are selfish greedy animals...
    &quot;I really like this jacket, but the sleeves are much too long...&quot;
    insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results...

PeterWolf
    I can&#39;t say I would want to live in an anarchistic world, I much prefer to think we are civilized. But then I see George Bush on the news and know that it isn&#39;t true.

Kwisatz Haderach
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point being, Anarchism sucks.
    Spozguy
    AFB

Novice Member
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I&#39;ve lived individualist-anarchism for over 10 years now. I have not harmed another Human Being, their rights or property by doing so. So where&#39;s the beef?
    A brief quote from John Locke&#39;s The Second Treatise of Government, "Men being, as has been said, by nature all free, equal, and independent, no one can be put out of this estate, and subjected to the political power of another, without his own consent."
    I know my rights, I declare my rights, I exercise my rights and I damn well will defend my rights&#33;
    Freedom is contagious, knowledge is the source of infection. Infect knowledge&#33;
    Long live individualist-anarchism&#33;

Hot Lava
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you live in isolation
    &quot;I really like this jacket, but the sleeves are much too long...&quot;
    insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results...

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the beef?

as impenitent said, humans are selfish and greedy- although i disagree that they are animals. while you yourself may not be powerhungry or corrupt, there are invariably those people who are. in an absence of political authority, which is our accepted definition of anarchy, corrupt people would utilize corporations to impose their power, and create monopolies by killing off their competitors. the common man would be entirely dependent on the powerhungry corporation with a monopoly. nothing else needs to be said. anarchists nowadays are simply not realists. they&#39;re on a level with communists.

however, i must ask if you happen to be that man living on a tiny island off the coast of massachusetts who refuses to pay taxes and claims to be independent of the united states so that he can conduct nuclear experiments. i&#39;d like to place an order..

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    </span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (Impenitent)
    actually the opposite would occur... everyone would kill everyone, struggling for power in the world... humans are selfish greedy animals...<hr size="1" /></blockquote><span class='postcolor'>

I couldn&#39;t have said it with more direction myself, Kudos

Kwisatz Haderach
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    </span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (suijurisfreeman,)
    I&#39;ve lived individualist-anarchism for over 10 years now. I have not harmed another Human Being, their rights or property by doing so. So where&#39;s the beef?
    A brief quote from John Locke&#39;s The Second Treatise of Government, "Men being, as has been said, by nature all free, equal, and independent, no one can be put out of this estate, and subjected to the political power of another, without his own consent."

Yeah but can you imagine trying to have a society based on Anarchy? But it won&#39;t happen because to have an anarchistic society, you have to have an abscence of State power. That would involve dismantling the state machine by assuming power. But you can&#39;t do that because that goes against the principles of Anarchism.
    Spozguy
    AFB

Novice Member
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    </span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (fellvoice21,)
    the beef?

as impenitent said, humans are selfish and greedy- although i disagree that they are animals. while you yourself may not be powerhungry or corrupt, there are invariably those people who are. in an absence of political authority, which is our accepted definition of anarchy, corrupt people would utilize corporations to impose their power, and create monopolies by killing off their competitors. the common man would be entirely dependent on the powerhungry corporation with a monopoly. nothing else needs to be said. anarchists nowadays are simply not realists. they&#39;re on a level with communists.

however, i must ask if you happen to be that man living on a tiny island off the coast of massachusetts who refuses to pay taxes and claims to be independent of the united states so that he can conduct nuclear experiments. i&#39;d like to place an order..

The fact the "humans are selfish and greedy" isn&#39;t my problem. I claim, exercise and will defend my rights as a free Human Being. I have exercised my rights in a responsibile manner, whether others do or don&#39;t isn&#39;t my problem. I will not be subjected to the control of others (individuals or the organized thugger called "the State"&#33;) I believe in and practice individualist-anarchism, I do not need nor do I want, nor will I allow any "authority" to govern me without my explicit consent - period&#33;

"nothing else needs to be said." I haven&#39;t kept quiet about this for over ten years now, so I probably will continue to speak out.

"anarchists nowadays are simply not realists. they&#39;re on a level with communists." Now there&#39;s a good one&#33; The lack of political authority in my life has worked just fine for over ten years now. So if I believe that I am a free Human Being, that my explicit consent is necessary before "government" has any lawful authority to govern me, if I believe in and practice in what Lysander Spooner termed "individualist-anarchism", I&#39;m on a level with communists? Do free Human Beings even exist in your world?
    I know my rights, I declare my rights, I exercise my rights and I damn well will defend my rights&#33;
    Freedom is contagious, knowledge is the source of infection. Infect knowledge&#33;
    Long live individualist-anarchism&#33;