User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibbs: Democrats Could Lose House

Listening

Gibbs: Democrats Could Lose House

News Headlines - Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House : Townhall.com

President Barack Obama's party could lose its House majority in this fall's elections, his spokesman said Sunday, perhaps trying to jolt Democratic voters with the specter of GOP lawmakers rolling back White House policies.
    "I think there's no doubt there are enough seats in play that could cause Republicans to gain control. There's no doubt about that," press secretary Robert Gibbs told NBC's "Meet the Press."

Democrats now hold a 255-178 edge in the House, with two vacancies in the 435-member chamber. Anywhere from 40 to perhaps 60 House seats could be competitive by the fall. Republicans would need to take back about 40 seats to slip into the majority, placing the current GOP leader, Ohio Rep. John Boehner, in line to replace Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as speaker.

Those House Democrats who won election for the first time in 2008 in conservative leaning districts as part of the Obama wave are particularly vulnerable this fall, given that the president is not on the ballot.

Here in Kansas, we will take the 3rd district seat from Dennis Moore (who is retireing so he can spend more time with his family....it is his wife who is running in his stead...?????? The dems could not get anyone to take up the challenge).

That Gibbs is saying this is truly remarkable given how screwed up the GOP really is. Are people going to finally figure out that Federal Government is not going to work except at those few things they have assigned to them to do ?

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Listening View Post
    News Headlines - Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House : Townhall.com

President Barack Obama's party could lose its House majority in this fall's elections, his spokesman said Sunday, perhaps trying to jolt Democratic voters with the specter of GOP lawmakers rolling back White House policies.
    The problem that the Democrats have is that most Americans aren't all that supportive of White House policies.

As an example, Americans are shocked that the regime would assault Arizona over their law that parrots the federal law. It is even less harsh than the federal law it supports.

This federal attack on a state that is being overrun by illegal immigrants is nearly in a panic seems very draconian to many of us. Since the feds were taking no action to enforce their law w/t immigration then can't a state take action and do so?

Arizona's law smacks of being logical and the fed's action smackes of being tyrannical.

Listening
    Quote Quote by: Deadeye View Post
    The problem that the Democrats have is that most Americans aren't all that supportive of White House policies.

As an example, Americans are shocked that the regime would assault Arizona over their law that parrots the federal law. It is even less harsh than the federal law it supports.

This federal attack on a state that is being overrun by illegal immigrants is nearly in a panic seems very draconian to many of us. Since the feds were taking no action to enforce their law w/t immigration then can't a state take action and do so?

Arizona's law smacks of being logical and the fed's action smackes of being tyrannical.
    On the AZ point we agree.

I guess, I would find it very depressing if I were a democrat. Four years ago, people were saying they would be in power for decades. And given GWB's + house performances...I would have agreed. It looked pretty bleak.

Health Care...
    Bailouts....
    Immigration....
    The Ward....
    The Environment.....

Good thing people have patience.

Listening
    Yelling and Cheering ?

Lamentations ?

Excuses ?

Anybody ?

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yelling and Cheering ?

Lamentations ?

Excuses ?

Anybody ?
    You know, it could be that being a politician is such a bitch that good people stay away.

Listening
    You know, it could be that being a politician is such a bitch that good people stay away.
    I agree that is a reality that we have to face.

I mean when the best you can get in California is Alan Cranston for Senate...you know that there is a problem. Now they have Barbara BS Boxer. I'd say about 90% of the state is smarter than those two put together.

If we were not so hard on them, maybe we could get some good candidates.

Just once, I'd like to elect some scallywag who knows his stuff.

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that is a reality that we have to face.

I mean when the best you can get in California is Alan Cranston for Senate...you know that there is a problem. Now they have Barbara BS Boxer. I'd say about 90% of the state is smarter than those two put together.

If we were not so hard on them, maybe we could get some good candidates.

Just once, I'd like to elect some scallywag who knows his stuff.
    I agree. The question then is how do we attract good people into politics?

I mean we would benefit, right?

Listening
    I agree. The question then is how do we attract good people into politics?

I mean we would benefit, right?
    In the first place, we need to make it less lucrative to be in politics.

That would reduce competition from those who see it as a way to further their own best interests.

I think the founders had it in mind that the federal government would be populated by "grey hairs" who were wise and done searching for their fortunes.

Next, we just need to stop being so hard on them.

Look how ugly it gets on both sides.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the first place, we need to make it less
    lucrative to be in politics.
    That would reduce competition from those who see it as
    a way to further their own best interests.
    There have always been efforts for more transparency; so we can see wherever a transaction takes place. Of course, the best guarantee is not to elect anyone. They are in power to make investments, and to have investments made to them.

Grandpa h.
    Post by post, building his arguments by smashing a couple of theirs -- for America.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly I hope that the democrats loose all majorities and the Presidency by Nov 2012 because I don't think the economy will be near recovery and then we can all sit around and watch the cons tell us why they aren't able to fix the mess the democrats made.
    Coalition to Unchain Dogs - video

Speak up about the Militarization of our "Peace Officers" http://www.policestateusa.com/

Listening
    Quote Quote by: NoJingoLingo View Post
    Frankly I hope that the democrats loose all majorities and the Presidency by Nov 2012 because I don't think the economy will be near recovery and then we can all sit around and watch the cons tell us why they aren't able to fix the mess the democrats made.
    That is the reason I don't want the GOP to win anything.

What you say is the honest truth.

Until one side grabs it's balls and has the nerve to say we need to raise taxes and/or cut benefits/spending....and get used to this because it isn't going to get better.......

Everyone will be looking for the magic "painless" formula that simply does not exist.

The GOP has shown that is as clueless as to where it's balls are as the democrats.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if, it this time, there exists a difference worth noting about how the two parties actually govern. Spend us into oblivion , fast or faster. Grow government fast or faster. Usurp the powers of the states and the people fast or faster.

Whichever of the two parties gets their heads out of their arses and begins to restore the constitution as the governing document will be the one that saves us from the impending financial destruction the current direction is inevitably leading us to.
    The tree of liberty is hungry. Let's feed it well in the next election.