User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals try to Rewrite our Constitution...

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Thanatos View Post

I want an America with wheelchair ramps. ..........Liberty should promote the "general welfare" that the preamble to the constitution mentions.
    Now you are talking about Canada, aren't you?

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Thanatos View Post
    I want an America with wheelchair ramps. .
    That's because you no longer control your own mind. Don't you see, it's not about wheelchairs , it's just an elaborate plot by the daleks to remove the last obstacle to conquest of the earth.

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The constitutionality of socialized healthcare is debatable, to be sure, but it's not so clear cut as to be able to make a definite case that supporting government healthcare equates to wanting to change the constitution. That's pure bullshit.

And what about conservatives? Separation of church and state, anyone? If they don't want to change the wording of the constitution, they're clearly trying to change the original intent of the founding fathers.

But ultimately, it's also pretty important to recognize that the constitution is a living document. I would sincerely hope that any conservative who considers the constitution unchangeable and immutable does not support a return to the old way of thinking, with women not allowed to vote and blacks/indians being considered any less than a full person. I'm aware that there are some on this forum who think that way (or claim to) but I would hope this isn't the real viewpoint of the majority of conservatives. The very idea is despicable, and this is one of the clearest cases where the "original intent" of the framing of the constitution was wrong, dead wrong, and everyone ought to be a little more "liberal" in their consideration of the constitution and its modern underpinnings.

Volcanic Erupter
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: SoylentGreen View Post
    That's because you no longer control your own mind. Don't you see, it's not about wheelchairs , it's just an elaborate plot by the daleks to remove the last obstacle to conquest of the earth.
    Now, now, I'm sure you're well aware that Daleks can fly now, so this is clearly not an issue in the master plan to EXTERMINATE the human race.

*cackles with glee*

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several things are amusing about this ludicrous thread.

The first is the implication that changing the Constitution is necessarily a bad thing. The Constitution was amended ten times before it was formally adopted. Is anyone suggesting that the Bill of Rights is so terrible?

The second amusing aspect is that the original poster has subsequently expressed his opposition to both the 13th and 19 Amendments, the abolition of slavery and womans' suffrage. This lunacy makes me wonder if he is for real or just an extended joke.

Thirdly, the folks who are trying to amend the Constitution are not liberals but the right wing nut jobs in the Republican leadership who are pushing to repeal the 14th Amendment in order to make sure that immigrant babies never get citizenship.

No Citizenship For You! The Anti-Immigration GOPers Targeting Birthright Citizenship
    Rick

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=RickSp;725354]Several things are amusing about this ludicrous thread.

The first is the implication that changing the Constitution is necessarily a bad thing. The Constitution was amended ten times before it was formally adopted. Is anyone suggesting that the Bill of Rights is so terrible?
    The changing of the Constitution is neccessarily a bad thing if we were to adopt all the ridiculous proposals as outlined by the liberal jesse jackson, jr.

The second amusing aspect is that the original poster has subsequently expressed his opposition to both the 13th and 19 Amendments, the abolition of slavery and womans' suffrage. This lunacy makes me wonder if he is for real or just an extended joke.
    I am indeed for the reinstatement of slavery, and for the abolition of liberal women voting, but I do realize that what I want to see done to help America grow and prosper is not within my power to grant.

Thirdly, the folks who are trying to amend the Constitution are not liberals but the right wing nut jobs in the Republican leadership who are pushing to repeal the 14th Amendment in order to make sure that immigrant babies never get citizenship.
    If and when we as Americans can rely on the government to do its job in securing our borders (which is in serious jeopardy considering the recent decision with the Arizona Law, and the fact we have obozo as pres), the proposal to disallow law-breaking 'ILLEGAL ANCHOR BABIES' to further tax legal American citizens for their livihood should be considered as a legitimate and much needed amendment to our Constituion. You must be a glutton for punishment if you see any upside to allowing illegals to roam our countryside, murder our citizens, fill our prisons, multiply without legal citizenship papers, get preference in hospital emergency wards and tax the hell out of our incomes during the process.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Libhater View Post
    I am indeed for the reinstatement of slavery, and for the abolition of liberal women voting, but I do realize that what I want to see done to help America grow and prosper is not within my power to grant.
    So is it OK if we call you SlaveMaster? That would be a far more appropriate nickname. This claim of yours makes me believe that either you are just one extended joke or that you are a totalitarian brute. That seems about the only two real options.
    Rick

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis

NOT BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're for slavery you are inherently racist, contradictory to what you've said before. You lied. There is no moral justification for slavery.

rabbitthekitten
    Maybe it would be better if the U.S. scrapped it's constitution and got a new one. It seems dated and causes more problems than it solves to someone like me.

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: ensayne View Post

If you're for slavery you are inherently racist, contradictory to what you've said before. You lied. There is no moral justification for slavery.
    *** I see all the able-bodied people who have inherited a lifelong residence inside government run housing called welfare as being slaves to the nanny state slavemaster. These slaves are neither getting paid for or working for their upkeep, while draining resources and monies from hard working middle class taxpayers.

If you and I were to rescue these spiritless and hopeless slaves from the govt slavemaster, we could in turn adopt them if you will by giving them food and shelter in our own private homes. We would in turn for saving their previously dependent and worthless lives--kick start them into having a sense of accomplishment and hope for a future by having them work either inside or outside our homesites. BTW, these people come in all shapes and colors, so leave your racist comments for someone who might be less informed than I.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The changing of the Constitution is neccessarily a bad thing if we were to adopt all the ridiculous proposals as outlined by the liberal jesse jackson, jr.
    I am indeed for the reinstatement of slavery, and for the abolition of liberal women voting
    So really you're only against changing the Constitution if it doesn't benefit your group but when the changes could benefit you you have no objection. By supporting the disenfranchisement of U.S. citizens you give lie to the idea you support America.

The Forum Rules

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
    [John F. Kennedy]
    The principal value of debate lies in the development of logical thought processes, and the ability to articulate your positions publicly.
    [Senator Dick Clark of Iowa]
    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.
    [Terry Pratchett]

NOT BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *** I see all the able-bodied people who have inherited a lifelong residence inside government run housing called welfare as being slaves to the nanny state slavemaster. These slaves are neither getting paid for or working for their upkeep, while draining resources and monies from hard working middle class taxpayers.
    I volunteered at a food bank in Oakland, I've seen them too.

If you and I were to rescue these spiritless and hopeless slaves from the govt slavemaster, we could in turn adopt them if you will by giving them food and shelter in our own private homes. We would in turn for saving their previously dependent and worthless lives--kick start them into having a sense of accomplishment and hope for a future by having them work either inside or outside our homesites. BTW, these people come in all shapes and colors, so leave your racist comments for someone who might be less informed than I.
    Either your misusing the word slave or your denying your previous statement. A great majority of those on welfare are black, this is not racist, this is statement-of-fact. On the contrary, I think there should be equality of education not based on how rich your zipcode is. I'm sure that even you would agree with that.