Kuldeep
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is death painful ?

Death is one section of life span though momentary. Birth, having somewhat variable period depending on the type and complicacy of birth. Then, we have period of growth, youth period and then aging into old personality before the final momentary death. From conception to that final momentary death stage, I do not realy think, whether any of the processes to attain those stages, is painful to the person.

At conception neither egg or sperm must be feeling pain since, there is no brain or nervous system. While at birth the mother does feel pain but I do think the infant must be feeling it. During growth of bones or size of the body, youth stage or aging, it is felt none of the processes are pain giving. From this I conclude, even the final jolt of death also must not be a pain giving. Meaning just before any type of death, one must be getting unconcious and thus death may not pain giving process !!!

What do others think, whether death is pain giving or not ???

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think death in itself is painful; however, the process of dying certainly can be quite painful. Having no memories of dying, none of us can say for certain. I think death will be like going to sleep, or should I say that is my best guess? We'll all find out soon enough.
    Today's ideological enemies may be tomorrow's allies, and vice versa. So be nice to your enemies, you may need their help tomorrow.

Novice Member
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    death itself is a release from pain. Of course its likely that whatever causes the death is painful...it usually is unless you die in your sleep or you die instantly.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things that has been found to occur during death is the release of Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. I think death would become quite "trippy".

From the wiki:
    Dr. Rick Strassman, while conducting DMT research in the 1990s at the University of New Mexico, advanced the theory that a massive release of DMT from the pineal gland prior to death or near death was the cause of the near death experience (NDE) phenomenon.
    This substance is on USA schedule I, which means every person in the country is a criminal since our brains often produce small amounts of it naturally.
    - solo
    (my site)

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death is defined as the moment that the brain ceases all electrical activity. It's therefore instantaneous and hence can't be painful.

Dying may be painful depending on how you go about it.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Easier than falling asleep"
    "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."
    - General George S. Patton, Jr

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death is the end of pain.

BANNED
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: 5010 View Post
    One of the things that has been found to occur during death is the release of Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. I think death would become quite "trippy".

From the wiki:

This substance is on USA schedule I, which means every person in the country is a criminal since our brains often produce small amounts of it naturally.
    apparently this is responsible for the "white light effect" as well.

Kuldeep
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is imagined mostly that point of death is painless as by that time all sensory nerves and brain is already functionless. That should help us not to fear death.

Now the process of death till point of death (point of getting imaginary electronic circuit switch off) might be or might not be painful. The main question here arises, "WHO is the controller of the electric switch ??" Who decides that at this particular point of time the switch should get off??

My answer to this question is the dying person, himself. Who is this dying person ? One who feels pain, one who thinks he is such and such person. One who has emotions. Most probably it is none from the physical parts of his body. This is because when a person dies HIS body is left behind; we say HE has died, May HIS soul rest in peace !!!
    There is no difficulty in deducing that HE is not even soul. We may give it a term he is some sort of consciousness !!!

HE IS SUPERNATURAL, WHO HAS THIS BODY AS JUST AN VEHICLE !!!!

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brahman has the body. Brahman IS the body. We only borrow it. Our perception of 'I' is an illusion, since 'I' is just another manifestation of Brahman. 'I' ceases to exist when the body dies, and merges back into Brahman. That's a religious interpretation, of course.

From an atheistic standpoint, the person dies when the body dies, and that's the end of the person, there only being a purely material world.

Perhaps there really isn't much difference between the two interpretations, or as much difference as it might seem.

The dying person often is not conscious enough to pull the switch.

The Christian interpretation of death, however, is somewhat different, and so is the Muslim belief. I do not feel competent to speak for their viewpoints, since there are many variations of their beliefs.
    Today's ideological enemies may be tomorrow's allies, and vice versa. So be nice to your enemies, you may need their help tomorrow.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsara, I'm not sure you even attempted to answer the given question.

I doubt death is painful- there i see no reason for it to be. It's probably like just getting really drowsy and going out cold- except the brain just loses function.

I mean, in going to sleep your brain withdraws all conscious feelings, right? Should death, then, be the same feeling except for the fact that the body isn't prepared/preparing to wake back up again? I guess we don't know how different that would feel, but my guess is not much.

Kuldeep
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: Jagged View Post
    Samsara, I'm not sure you even attempted to answer the given question.

I doubt death is painful- there i see no reason for it to be. It's probably like just getting really drowsy and going out cold- except the brain just loses function.

I mean, in going to sleep your brain withdraws all conscious feelings, right? Should death, then, be the same feeling except for the fact that the body isn't prepared/preparing to wake back up again? I guess we don't know how different that would feel, but my guess is not much.
    Well done! Precisely same is my definition of death. It is just a sleep but no waking again...a permanent sleep. Since, entering into our sleep is not pain giving so must not be death as well.

But, what I am wondering is whether after death, we go into dream stage as during sleep. A temporary sleep sends us into temporary dream. Can we deduce from this "A PERMANENT SLEEP SENDS US INTO PERMANENT DREAM ????"...in the form of reincarnated body or next birth's scenes.

I am saying this as a possibility with some surety as we have number of persons who remember their previous birth's incidences which have been verified beyond any doubt. Though, we can not prove those scientifically !!!