Thread: College Football Upsets

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College Football Upsets

It's been a season for them as the unranked Texas Tech Red Raiders took down the #4 OU Sooners. And all I have to say is: heh heh heh heh heh. Wreck 'em Tech! Congratulations, and drink responsibly.

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. -- Song 8:6

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ended closer than I expected at the start of the 4th quarter. Still, credit where credit's due.

The Forum Rules

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
    [John F. Kennedy]
    The principal value of debate lies in the development of logical thought processes, and the ability to articulate your positions publicly.
    [Senator Dick Clark of Iowa]
    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.
    [Terry Pratchett]

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. I was biting my nails there for a while. Figuratively speaking, of course. But I suppose that OU had to do some work at some point. I mean, with those Raider boys running and tossing circles around them, you have to figure that Tech would get tired eventually and let a few through.

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. -- Song 8:6

Hot Lava
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    University of Michigan sweater: $40.
    Tickets to the season opener: $15
    A "cupcake" team to whip up on to start the season: $400,000.00
    Getting whipped by aforesaid "cupcake" team on national TV: PRICELESS.

Appalachian State: 34
    Uni. of Michigan: 32

'Nuff said.

The really fun part was that by the next morning, Ohio State fans had bought up Boone's entire stock of ASU shirts, flags, etc etc etc.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was almost far more embarrassing for Oklahoma. At the end of the first half, it was like 27 to 7 or something like that.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I'm not normally that interested in football, but my cute little sister is in the Tech band)

Homo sapiens
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This makes the Big Twelve a bit interesting. Kansas (7-0) plays Missouri (6-1). The winner will go to the Big Twelve championship. If Missouri wins, then they would have identical records and Missouri won, head to head. In the south, Texas and Texas A&M play, as do Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Both should be interesting. If both Texas and Oklahoma win, then Oklahoma will play for the Big Twelve championship, since Oklahoma beat Texas and they would have identical records. Texas plays only if Oklahoma loses and Texas wins.

Of course, Texas Tech has played the spoiler several times in the Big Twelve by beating the team that 'cudda been a contendah.'

I'm not sure who I should root for. My sons have degrees from Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Texas.

Homo sapiens
    Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: phoenix_fire View Post
    It was almost far more embarrassing for Oklahoma. At the end of the first half, it was like 27 to 7 or something like that.
    27-10 to be exact. 34-13 after 3 quarters. TT won, 34-27. TT outscored OK 34-13 in the first 3 quarters, and then gave up 14 unanswered points in the 4th.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Quote by: gallo View Post
    This makes the Big Twelve a bit interesting. Kansas (7-0) plays Missouri (6-1). The winner will go to the Big Twelve championship. If Missouri wins, then they would have identical records and Missouri won, head to head. In the south, Texas and Texas A&M play, as do Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Both should be interesting. If both Texas and Oklahoma win, then Oklahoma will play for the Big Twelve championship, since Oklahoma beat Texas and they would have identical records. Texas plays only if Oklahoma loses and Texas wins.

Of course, Texas Tech has played the spoiler several times in the Big Twelve by beating the team that 'cudda been a contendah.'

I'm not sure who I should root for. My sons have degrees from Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Texas.
    The Longhorns will crush A&M.

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 and #2 down in flames! Wow. Great games. I think I burned out my remote flipping back and forth.

The Forum Rules

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
    [John F. Kennedy]
    The principal value of debate lies in the development of logical thought processes, and the ability to articulate your positions publicly.
    [Senator Dick Clark of Iowa]
    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.
    [Terry Pratchett]

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scarlet and grey!

Threads
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU! I am proud of my Jayhawks, eventhough Missouri belongs in a BCS Bowl over KU since they beat us. I am happy for my Jayhawks though! Been a long time since we've been in a BCS Bowl!
    Attitude Reflects Leadership!