• Jane Austen's Fight Club

• Most Active Topics

jimithyashford

Has there ever been a "true" conspiracy theory in modern history?

Thread Starter: jimithyashford

I have always had a big problem with conspiracy theories, mostly that they are basically just the modern incarnation of the old “sacred/secret knowledge” tropes that have always existed. In all...

Last Post By: Nono 2nd September 2014, 02:43 PM Go to last post
    lindey

US food policy is failing America

Thread Starter: lindey

The United States is in the midst of a food identity crisis. The American diet, in many ways, appears to be failing the country's health. The obesity rate, although having plateaued, has settled at...

Last Post By: Athena 2nd September 2014, 02:34 PM Go to last post
    Charlatan

Homophobia.

Thread Starter: Charlatan

How do we get past this problem? i heard tonight on the chat that some of the people i talk to are harassed by other conservative types for the way they dress or when they know they are homosexuals....

Last Post By: finder 2nd September 2014, 02:33 PM Go to last post
    barts

God give missionary ebola, then cures him of it

Thread Starter: barts

What are we to make of Dr. Kent Brantly's experience. First, despite Dr. Brantly's best efforts, God gave or let Brantly get ebola. Then God cured him of the disease. Why would God do this?...

Last Post By: barts 2nd September 2014, 02:21 PM Go to last post
    Nono

Nine-year-old in Uzi gun-lesson killing

Thread Starter: Nono

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28948946 Good, solid operational experience for the tyke!

Last Post By: Dodds 2nd September 2014, 02:17 PM Go to last post
  • Members' Latest Blogs

Primum non nocere

Silenced Voices (DxE July International Protest)

Other animals do have a voice. We just aren't there to hear their screams.

"For 10,000 years, humans have ignored their cries of pain. But last month, activists across the world shared...

Primum non nocere 1st September 2014 06:09 PM
    theophilus

But the earth looks old!

Christians are divided between Young Earth Creationists and Old Earth Creationists. The first group believes that the days of creation in Genesis 1 are literal days; the second believes that...

theophilus 22nd August 2014 12:16 PM
    MDTreplev

Water and Bullets for Elephants

Like so many other people, I would like to find a solution for things. As well as many other people I first try to identify what the problem is, put a name to it. What is it about us that makes us...

MDTreplev 22nd August 2014 05:52 AM
    MDTreplev

The World of Itself

Earth
    The World of Itself

Humans moved around, walked around and naturally and slowly decided to settle themselves in a piece of land. For that piece of land they were able to kill other...

MDTreplev 20th August 2014 03:14 PM
    theophilus

9/11

On September 11, 2001, terrorists hijacked four airliners. Two of the planes were deliberately flown into the two towers of the World Trade Center, causing them to collapse. One was crashed into...

theophilus 20th August 2014 10:27 AM
  • Volconvo Information