At Volconvo we value intelligent debate on important topics while upholding a friendly and respectful environment. These values are indispensable to a well-functioning discussion forum and are the essential standards for our staff and members.
- Failure to abide by these forum rules can result in infractions up to and including the banning of your account.
- We do not consider ignorance of the rules as an excuse for the failure to abide by them. Every member is responsible for their own behavior on the forum.
- We reserve the right to modify or delete content that may put the forum and its owner in legal jeopardy such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings and copyright violations (see Content #5).
- The moderating team is selected at the discretion of the owner of Volconvo. Although their main roles are to foster discussion and keep topics on track, moderators also handle disputes and enforce the site rules. Moderators may issue infraction points to registered users. Accumulation of enough infraction points may result in a member's automatic ban. Because the staff is ultimately responsible for everything which appears on Volconvo, the actions taken and decisions made by our moderators are final. However, if you have any questions or suggestions about any aspect of your participation here, please contact us.
- Warnings and infractions are private matters between the member receiving them and the moderators. Questions about or issues with moderation must be addressed privately with the staff by email or PM. Volconvo does not permit discussions or debates regarding moderation in the open forum.
- These rules apply literally across the board. The rules are to be observed in threads and posts, on blogs, in Personal Messages and in every other part of the forum.
- Members perceiving a violation of the rules are urged to report violations to the staff. Every post has a "Report" option in the footer. You can also send an email or PM to any moderator or administrator. Excessive reporting of posts not in violation of any rule will be consider abusive and may result in infractions.
- Members are permitted to hold a single account on the forum. If you should have a problem accessing your account, please contact a moderator. Do not create a second account. Holding two accounts is not permitted.
- By posting to the forum you acknowledge you have read, understand and are willing to comply with these rules and the Terms of Service.
- Members come from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, and will undoubtedly encounter a wide scope of opinions at Volconvo. Topic starters must present viable subjects for discussion with the expectation that respondents may disagree with their views.
- All posts in a thread should address the OP (Opening Post or post #1). Off-topic posts and those that disrupt a thread may be removed by the moderators.
- Spam is prohibited anywhere within the forum. Any member who wishes to link to a commercial website or service in their signature or as their profile homepage must consult with a moderator or administrator before doing so. Failure to seek approval will most likely result in your account being banned for spamming the forum.
- Thread titles should accurately reflect the topic under debate. Misleading, misspelled and inaccurate titles may be edited by the moderators.
- Posting a single word or useless message (bumping) to attract attention to your thread is not allowed. Be patient with the community. If people are reading your thread without answering you may try supplying more details or reframe your debate topic. Often, the reason for posts remaining unanswered is due in large part to posting too many questions or various points in a single post (members may feel that they cannot possibly address all the points raised) or not being clear as to what is supposed to be debated.
- Be mindful of your audience. Your post is likely to be ignored if it is not broken into paragraphs and spelling and grammar are ignored. Write for comprehension.
- Members are encouraged to freely express their positions regarding the topics at hand but are not permitted to insult site members publicly or privately. Insults and/or negative personal comments directed toward other forum members are not allowed and may result in infractions. Members should be addressed by their chosen usernames. Using initials is OK, but deliberate misspellings intended to insult or disparage another member are violations of these rules. Remember, civility toward other members is paramount.
- The prohibition against personal insults should not be considered a prohibition against insulting another member's posted opinions or beliefs. If you do not want your opinions challenged, do not post them. We do not exempt from challenge and debate anyone's opinions or beliefs once posted.
- Profanity is not prohibited but excessive and/or gratuitous profanity should be avoided and may be edited.
- Threats of violence against other forum members will not be tolerated. Stalking is not permitted.
- Any content copied from an external source or not your own should not be copied in full and must contain a citation or link back to the original source. Plagiarism is not permitted. We expect our members to adhere to other site's rules regarding the republishing of their content.
- Images, while permitted in posts, do not constitute a coherent debate response. Please do not post images without commentary.
- Registered members of Volconvo are entitled to create a blog on the forum, access our chat room and use the Personal Message (PM) system. All of these are subject to the forum rules (see General #6). We ask that members report any rule violation observed in any of these venues. Personal Messages are intended to be personal, the contents may not be shared in the open forum without the permission of both parties.
Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution. We welcome debate and dissent, but persistent trolling and mindless abuse of other individuals will not be tolerated. Don't be unpleasant. If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems.
The owner of this website serves as an administrator and the final decision-maker on all matters. His authority is not constrained by these rules, although his primary concern is the overall interest of this website and its members.